Thursday, June 20, 2019

Daily 3 - Vacation highlights

Well it’s 22 minutes before midnight here in Texas so I guess I’ll make today’s post deadline. We started the first leg of our trip this evening leaving San Antonio around 6 pm. We are staying overnight in Ft. Worth and will head to Iowa tomorrow. Here’s 3 things I’m looking forward to on our trip.

1. Playing Scrabble (probably) - it’s always hit or miss it seems. Hopefully the tiles will be in my favor this weekend. We are playing new people that we have probably never played so it’s a bit of a guessing game. I’ve gotten to know some of the Texas players I play regularly and kind of know who is more prone to play phonies. I’m currently ranked 8th out of 12 in my division.

2.  Riding roller coasters - duh. I’ve been to all the parks we are going to before but there will be several new coasters to ride and a lot of old favorites.

3.  Meeting some of Matt’s family. I’ve met his uncle who we are staying with in Moline and he is one of the nicest men I’ve ever met. I’ll get to meet a few more of his cousins as well. I was hoping I’d finally get to meet his mom since we are stopping in St. Louis, but that’s not going to happen it seems. Long story - will have to wait for another post.

No comments: