Wednesday, August 07, 2019

Daily 3 - Library Changes

I finally got to be somewhat productive in my library today - in spite of the huge waste of time this morning that was convocation.  It's a giant pep rally for the district that doesn't really inspire me.  If they had decent speakers that might be something, but hearing a student, teacher, and the superintendent speak is the same old thing.  Todays 3 are the changes I'm making to my library this year:

1.  Table arrangments - I moved the group of tables that fits a class to another area where there is a blank wall that I can use to project on.  Where the tables were before, I had to pull out a portable screen which was a pain.  If I left the screen up, it blocked some of the shelves in the fiction section.

2.  New side tables for comfy chairs.  I bought either side tables or baskets to place books on/in near the comfy chairs in my library - hopefully to encourage students to pick up and read. 

3.  Office/Craft Room organization - I turned my office into a craft room of sorts last year, but the table I put in there was too big.  I swapped it out for a smaller desk and table and then today I reorganized the shelves with the crafting materials.  It's a work in progress but should be done by the end of the week.

Last year the big change in my library consisted of the addition of comfortable seating and reorganizing the nonfiction section to be more bookstore-like. 

3 comments:

PipeTobacco said...

Hello Annabel:

I am visiting again because I noticed your new comment on Andrew’s blog. I too keep checking the comments there every so often. It is still hard to fathom his passing.

PipeTobacco

Annabel said...

Glad you stopped by Pipe Tobacco! After Andrew's passing, I felt compelled to start blogging again. I realize that I've actually missed it.

POKERVVIP said...

Verry nice

Agen Poker
Idn Poker
Bandar Poker
Domino99
Cerita Dewasa
Bandar Ceme