Monday, August 12, 2019

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school and it was a little rougher than some.  I still wasn't feeling 100% today.  Didn't sleep well and then discovered that the air wasn't working in my library.  I pulled two fans and put them around my desk.  I did not feel the least bit guilty about doing that in spite of the many parents and kids who were in the library waiting to register them for school.  Most of them should have done that in April or at the very least over the summer.  I spent most of the day at my desk working on my Library Newsletter and Library Resources page.  When I felt a little better, I did start some work on some computer carts that I have to deal with.  My to-do list seems never-ending but at least there's always something to get done.  I did cut some vinyl on the Cricut machine last night to use on some surfaces in the library.  I have a slender stand with three shelves that you can stand up books in for a display.  I moved it right in front of my desk and labeled it with three categories.  Today's daily three are my categories:

1.  Fabulous Fiction
2.  Best Sellers
3.  Compelling Nonfiction

Maybe some of the titles will be tempting enough to check out.  I wasn't able to open the library at lunch because there was still quite a few parents in here for registration.  I wasn't too upset since I was quite up to par today anyway.  I may have to keep it closed tomorrow, but hopefully, by Wednesday, the library will be open for the school year.


No comments: