Wednesday, August 14, 2019

No Air Conditioning

Our district has made the local news because many of our campuses have air conditioning problems.  At my school, several classes had to be moved to the gym or other locations because of the heat.  They finally fixed part of the school yesterday, but my library still has no air.  It hasn't been too unbearable because the upstairs area does have air and I guess some of it trickles down, but I have to sit with two fans blowing on me to make it somewhat bearable.  My area was a different problem that wasn't a priority.  I guess it will eventually get fixed but it's hard to stay busy when it's hot.  I did make some progress today but then found out that we must have all 1250 of our students complete a brief online survey by the end of next week.  I'm hoping that I'll be able to see my principal tomorrow to get the plan worked out.  I can only usually see him by appointment so the secretary tried to squeeze me in. 

On the plus side, I had several teachers come after school for a training I presented on creating seating charts using Google Drawings.  Next week I'll be doing a session on setting up their web pages. 

No daily three today - I'm just too tired and my brain isn't functioning very well.  Thankfully I do have air conditioning at home. 

No comments: