Thursday, August 22, 2019

My Apologies

Sorry for the delay in posting.  Too many things going on and too many nights that I've done other things and have come home exhausted.  On the good news front, the air conditioning in my library has been fixed so it's much more comfortable now and I've been getting more stuff done. I was going to go back to Amarillo part of this week because my friend's mother just passed away and her memorial service was today.  I made plans to come, emailed my principal, checked to see if I could stay with my brother and then on Monday morning I realized that there was an event that I'm involved in at my high school this weekend and I wouldn't be able to get it all done.  A local public digital library is hosting a Comic-Con on our campus.   My Harry Potter club will be having an Escape Room as a fundraiser.  Tomorrow will probably be a fairly late night in getting everything set up.  Luckily, I've already created this escape room.  We had it for a spring fundraiser so it is just a matter of getting everything set up again and set. 

I may try to go back to the Panhandle sometime in September but it just wasn't feasible this week.  Next week doesn't look like it's going to slow down.  I have to make sure all 1227 students have completed a survey about their Internet service.  Sprint is going to provide either cell phones or hotspots to any students that do not have reliable internet.  I'm the lucky one that will deal with the distribution and upkeep of all of this.  I also have to get a book order placed.  A former teacher from our school passed away in May this past year and his obituary noted that in lieu of flowers, he requested that books be donated to the school library.  Since then I've received several books and about $1000 in donations. 

Well, it's 1/2 hour past my bedtime so I better get to sleep.  TGIF

No comments: