Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sick again

This sucks. I hardly ever get sick but it's kicking my butt right now. I started feeling "something" in my chest yesterday. It didn't get better and I developed a cough. Sometime last night I had an issue with my right eye. All of sudden it felt like I had an eyelash or something in it. It started turning red and was irritated all day. I went ahead and went to school thinking all of this would just pass. Finally this afternoon I called my doctor to see if I could get in for an appointment. It turned out that he was leaving at 4:00 so I had to get there by 3:00. I rushed to see if another teacher could take my 8th period students, then caught my principal and asked if I could go. I got there right at 3:00. I have bronchitis and an eye infection. I got three prescriptions which consist of eye drops, an antibiotic and an inhaler. My doctor recommended that I take tomorrow off from school so after my appointment I headed back over there so I could leave stuff out for a sub. I still need to send in some plans to another teacher to print but I'm definitely staying home tomorrow. I absolutely have to get some grad school work done so it's probably a good thing that I'll have the day tomorrow. Well, I'm going to relax for a bit and let my food settle so that I can take my antibiotic.

1 comment:

Leann said...

Oh sweetie, I hope you get to feeling better. There are a few nasty bugs going around this year, one is the upper respitory thing. Tqake care of yourself and get your young 'un to help you out :-)