Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Still Alive and Kicking

That's my response to most people that ask how I am these days. I'm still overwhelmed at school. As soon as I get something done, 15 more things pop up. I spent all of Monday figuring travel plans and costs for our trip to TFA state. I have seven students qualified. I had to determine whether it is cheaper to fly or take a bus to Houston. Thankfully it came out that it is cheaper to fly. I'm also planning on staying an extra day and taking Josh to auditions in Nacogdoches which is three hours away.

I'm a little irritated with Marty right now. I now he's not a romantic person and to expect something for Valentine's day is laughable almost, but I guess I have the expectation that he would have common courtesy. I sent him two gifts for Valentine's day. I had them shipped directly from where I ordered them and I know that he has since received them. He has not acknowledged them at all. Even if he doesn't like them or appreciate them, I would think that most normal people would at least say thank you for thinking of me. But then again, I know he's like this and so I guess I shouldn't complain. What's the definition of insane? Doing the same thing over and over the same way and expecting a different result. It is just something to consider whether I can or am willing to live with this fact about him.

My ex-husband is in town. I won't hold my breath that we'll meet for dinner or something but we'll see. I have stayed in touch with him but haven't seen him in four years since the break up with Marty.

I'm realizing that I just need to get to bed early to feel fully rested. I've been going to bed by 9:30 most nights and getting up at 6:00 hasn't been a problem. I finally have a free weekend. The only thing on the agenda right now is a mammogram on Saturday (what fun!), lunch with my friend Pam, and then confession. I've been needing to go since I've missed Mass a few times and I really want to be able to participate in communion again.

It's getting close to my bed time so I guess I'll wind down and head that way soon. I have some clothes in the dryer that I need to wait for. Sorry I haven't been blogging much lately. I guess I just haven't had that much to say.

No comments: