Monday, April 13, 2009

A Day off from Work

But there's much work to do! I need to do a bunch of laundry today. My dishwasher is broken so I'm trying to keep up with washing dishes as they get dirty. My brother is supposed to try and fix it one of these days but I may just need to bite the bullet and buy a new one. My dad is adamant that I'll be able to get a loan to put the house in my name soon and I'll be able to get it all fixed up. I checked my credit today and it may be possible but I won't hold my breath right now.
I need to grade a million papers today. I haven't recorded any grades for this six weeks and it ends this Friday. I am so far behind. And yet I'm still sitting here in my pajamas doing stuff on the computer. I think I'm going to get dressed shortly and go get my daily coke and get busy soon.
I heard back on the elementary library job and I didn't get. I did get a call today from another school, however. I am supposed to call them back to set up a preliminary interview. I'm just not sure about it as I would be working for my ex-principal who was a bit intimidating to me and the librarian seems to take on quite a bit of work... including teaching classes that visit every week. I'm going to have to think about it for a while.
I'm still not certain that I want to leave my district. If I hold out for another year or two, I could potentially get the high school library job... but then again, they could pass me by for it which would be really irritating. I just don't know what I want to do right now. I definitely want to get out of teaching but I'm not sure if I'm really ready to jump over to another district in a job that I really have no experience with.
Decisions, decisions again.
Well, I better get off my butt and get going today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may be a bit slow, but I do not understand what the district has to do with it.
Is it because there would be new people? I think the basical administrative organization would be the same, so it's about the new surrounding, the need for new connections and all this things. I may interpret this wrong, sorry.

Leann said...

God will put you where he needs you. Go through the steps and keep your inner ears open :-)

Hope you had a good day yesterday and got things accomplished that you wanted.

Annabel said...

The district issue for me right now is about loyalty and the fact that the district I work for right now has been good to me and very supportive. The other district I have worked for before and had issues with them. Yes, they work generally the same and are organized similarly, but different school districts can have very different "feels" to them... if that makes sense.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it does make sense. In one one fits in better then in another. Like university or an institute - it's basically all the same, but there ARE differences. At one place you're feeling better, the other not.