Sunday, April 26, 2009

Just stuff

I just got back from our regional competition not too long ago. It was a bit disappointing because the one student that really should have qualified for state is the alternate. We run into the same problem every year with judges that really don't know how to judge or know really what UIL prose and poetry is supposed to be. But on the good news front, our social studies team placed first. So at least my alternate student will still get to go to state in the off chance he might get to perform.
I have great concerns that I might be elected as the district chair for our NFL district. This is a job that nobody really wants because it is a lot of hard work with the impossibility of pleasing everyone. I heard from a coach at regionals that my name might have ended up on several people's ballots. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Of course I could be completely wrong... but I have this feeling. I think it boils down to the fact that I am one of those people that tends to get along with everyone... I don't burn bridges and I've been the middleman for factioning sides. We have several coaches that don't get along in our district and I've been the go-between in the past. I won't know the results for a few weeks.
Tomorrow starts a week of TAKS testing which will be fairly miserable I think. I have to get our trip request for state done by tomorrow and I don't know how I'm going to get that done since I'm not really getting a conference period tomorrow. I guess I'll have to get it done during lunch.
I scored a 10 out of 10 on my last assignment for one of my grad school classes. Now I just have the final exam for that class. I have a journal assignmnet due today for another class but I also have to go to church tonight.

2 comments:

Billy said...

Wow! You seem to have a lot on your plate. Good thing you can handle it all. I was feeling overwhelmed myself this week, so it's nice to know someone else is hard at work also. Have a great week!

Leann said...

I'm sorry the student didn't place as he should have. That must be frustrating for you and him.

Take care and hope your week goes well.