Saturday, April 11, 2009

A Delightful Saturday

Although I could have slept in this morning, I got up at a fairly decent hour a little after 8:00 and continued cleaning my house. I started cleaning yesterday and I'm starting to make some good progress. I've mostly focused on the kitchen and living room. I even cleaned out the refrigerator and some cabinets today. I also mopped the floor - I can't tell you how long it has been since it was mopped. I've just had enough of living in constant messy chaos. It's amazing how much having a clean house can lift my spirits. I'll work my way to the bedrooms this weekend, but I'm going to need to go out for a bit and try to find shoes to wear with my Easter dress.
We're finally getting some much needed rain. It is a bit cold, but it's nice to have the moisture. I went out to pick up lunch today and got my first coke since Lent started. I cannot tell you how wonderful that coke was. I'm still sipping on it and making the most of it.
I didn't hear back regarding the library job. I don't know if they are just taking more time in the decision or if I didn't get the job and I'll get one of those nice thanks but no thanks letter in the mail on Monday. I'm not disappointed. I was feeling really guilty about wanting to leave my current district because they have been very good to me. Besides, the librarian at the high school is going to retire in another year or two so it might be good if I just stick it out for a while. I'd still love the job I applied for in Albuquerque, but doesn't seem like that is going to happen.
Well, I'm going to get dressed and head out in the rain for a bit to see if I can find some shoes.

No comments: