Saturday, May 01, 2010

Best Laid Plans

I was looking forward to sleeping in for three days in a row!  (I have Monday off from school.)  So why am I up at 4:30 in the morning?  Was it the three $1 margaritas I had at dinner?  I was in bed by 9:00 last night, but that means I should have easily slept until 7:30 or 8:00 this morning. I do remember having a disturbing dream tonight.  I dreamed that Josh was getting married and I was mad about it because it was very sudden and I didn’t even know the girl.

Well, I guess since I’m up, I write a real post of sorts.  TAKS testing is over, thank goodness.  Texas probably heard a huge sigh of relief yesterday from thousands of teachers across the state.  It is the worst week in the world.  I didn’t really mind reading the test to students, but it is frustrating when you know the answer to a question and you see them put down a different answer to something that seems so obvious.  You just want to “will” them the right answer.  And that’s all I can say about the test.  I can’t really talk about it as it would go against the “oath” I signed stating that I would not reveal any of the questions or other test information.  The hoops we jump through are really ridiculous. 

Well, the lawn mower may not be quite dead.  Yesterday I checked it and I could pull the starter cord again though I didn’t really try to start it as I was going to be going out. I’m going to try to finish the front sometime this morning (after I go BACK to sleep).  My hands still hurt though from mowing on Thursday. 

It is going to be a busy weekend.  We’re finally making progress in my group so I hope we can get the project finished.  I also have to really focus on the website work.  I need to take pictures of my current rosaries available and get the “store” up again.  I foolishly brought school papers home to grade even though I’m certain I won’t get to them.  I’m just glad I have Monday off to finish things as needed.  Next week will be a two day week for me which is good and bad.  It’s going to be rough getting sub plans ready and to figure out what my English classes will do. 

Well, I guess I’ve been up long enough.  I’m going to try to go back to bed and get more sleep.   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:)