Monday, May 24, 2010

Wait and see

I had the interview today.  I really don’t know how it went.  I think parts of it went well while some questions could have been answered better.  I think I’m a contender, but I think they’re concerned with me coming from high school rather than elementary.  That being said, I won’t be upset if I don’t get it and I’d be happy if I did.  There’s another job posting on the district site that I’m also interested in and sent an email to the personnel director stating that while I’m hopeful for the library job, if I’m not what they’re looking for, I’d like to be considered for the other one. 

I must say that I did look nice today.  Even my students noticed and commented that I looked nice.  But my feet killed me.  I wore shoes with heels and I just can’t do that all day.  I’m supposed to know by June 1 or so whether I get the job.  At this point I really have no idea.  It was interesting that they had me read to them today.  I thought that part went well since I tend to be a performer. 

I’m still behind besides going up to work on Sunday.  It was very frustrating because the internet didn’t work for an hour, I could get into gradespeed for several hours and I couldn’t access the online Moodle program where I had quiz grades stored until today.  The internet at school has been hit or miss all year and it is really annoying. 

I came home early (well 5:00) despite having work to do.  I took a tylenol pm at 8:40 last night and at first it didn’t seem to work.  I went to sleep around 10:30 and slept well, but was still tired this morning.  I think I’ll go to bed early tonight without the drugs and see if that helps. 

In a week Josh and I will be headed to Florida.  I’m so ready for vacation.  I think I’ve said that before, but I think I’ve earned it this year.

2 comments:

Leann said...

Floreeda huh? I hope you have an absolutely smashing time!!

Anonymous said...

Great that you were invited! I keep my fingers crossed for you!
Today I found an amazing website of one of the German "Laender" where they offer job oportunities as teacher. Other "Laender" as Bavaria and Hassia made a lot of noise about that but in the end had nothing in the web (bavaria), or use very strict limits for age (Hassia, Suebia).
This one needs teachers seriously, has no age restriction and offers alot of open positions. Tomorrow I will check it out - wish me luck, maybe I could have a good position end of August!