Monday, May 14, 2012

House Hunting

My aunt and uncle are going to buy my house in Canyon so as soon as that is taken care of, I will start house hunting here in San Antonio.  I got a letter from my real estate company last week about renewing my lease.  I really didn’t want to do that for another year so I got in touch with my aunt and uncle and they told me that they would be willing to buy the house. 

I really need to start talking to a lender in order to run some numbers and see what I’ll be able to afford.  Timing will be tight.  I may have to rent for an extra month after my lease is up, but hopefully not more than that.  The plan is to get the house sold to my aunt and uncle by the end of June, house hunt in July and then move sometime in August.  Of course that will be at the beginning of school next year, but it shouldn’t be too bad.  It will suck to move again, but hopefully this will be the last time for a long while.  The problem will be deciding where to move.  I kind of want to be more centralized, but to do that in a decent neighborhood, it will cost more.  I can get more house for the money if I stay on the fringes.  I like the neighborhood I’m in because it’s quiet and almost in the country.  There’s four other houses for sale in this community.  It will be a lot to consider. 

I had my orchestra concert on Saturday so rehearsals are done until fall.  Matt took me to a very nice restaurant for dinner.  On Sunday we went to the local church again.  I wouldn’t mind that church so much if the choir didn’t hurt my ears.  Perhaps when I move, I’ll find something more decent.  Matt mowed my lawn on Sunday and I spent all day working on the UIL contest which was a lot of data entry. 

Today was another full day.  I was so busy that when I finally looked at my watch at one point, I realize that I hadn’t eaten lunch. I almost always eat during first lunch and it was almost over by the time I realized it.  At least I can choose when to eat for the most part.  I mostly worked on UIL stuff today and finally got to work with some students on their poetry.  Matt came at 1:00 and started scanning all my inventory for me.  He made a huge dent in it for me.  He is simply the best boyfriend I’ve ever had.  In the past I would have had to hint or suggest that he help and he always volunteers. 

Tonight I need to write some introductions for the student poetry pieces and start a book that Matt gave me to read.  I also need to do laundry, dishes, and some house cleaning that I didn’t get to this weekend.  No promises though.

No comments: