Sunday, June 24, 2012

Back to regularly scheduled vacation

Well, my family has left and now I’m back to my regular summer vacation.  Though this is year it still isn’t “regular” since I actually have a boyfriend that likes to spend time with me and do things.   I have no plans for this upcoming week other than a band rehearsal and then a concert on the weekend.  I can’t actively house hunt for a few more weeks until I’m close to closing on the Canyon house.  Matt’s favorite house seems to be off the market but he has the hope that it is going to foreclosure rather than under contract.  I guess we’ll see.  I’m still trying to decide which communities I’m willing to live in. 

Matt, Josh, and friend of Matt’s have gone to the movies to see Prometheus.  When they get back, Matt is going to grill some chicken and I am going to teach Josh to make fettucine.  It should be a good dinner.

I have about two weeks off with nothing particular planned.  I’m going to try to do some reading now that I have some time.  On July 8th, I leave to fly to Boston to go to a workshop at Harvard.  I’ll get back on the 11th and then will probably start the house hunting around then.  I hope to find something by the end of July so I can move in August or September. 

Matt still hasn’t heard from his mother so I guess she is not interested in meeting me.  I’m not sure what kind of trip we’ll take this summer, but I think we’ll go somewhere even if it isn’t to see her.  That will be at the end of July or early August.  Other than that, I’ll probably spend the summer packing if I find a house. 

2 comments:

Jan said...

It sounds like a darn good vacation to me, except for the packing. I moved in December and swore, for the third time in my life, never again!

Leann said...

It sounds like you have some basic plans down, which is nice. I hope the summer rolls from one wonderful event into another.