Thursday, June 07, 2012

I’m blessed

Sometimes we don’t realize that a major upheaval in our lives is a good thing.  A year ago, all I wanted was to find a library job.  I really thought I wanted to stay close to home.  Close to the familiar.  The comfortable. But I realized with the severe budget issues in the state that it might be difficult to so I had to expand my horizon.  It was about a year ago that I submitted my application to SAISD.  I got a call for an interview mid-June, then interviewed at the end of the month and got a job offer the next day.  A month later, I was moving down here. 

Since then life has been completely different.  I have a job that doesn’t require (or even allow) me to work on weekends.  I rarely stay late.  Though it’s a rougher school than I’ve ever dealt with, being a librarian is so much better than teaching. 

And then there’s Matt.  I didn’t expect to find and fall in love with such an amazing person.  I think this move allowed me to finally be ok with being single.  The first few months I was on my own and though at times it was a little lonely, I was ok with it.  I went to the movies by myself.  I worked on the house.  I watched t.v.  But I gave online dating one more shot in hopes that I could maybe go on a date or two.  And I did.  And I met Matt.  He’s certainly not perfection, but he is pretty close.  I finally understand how good relationships are supposed to be.  You’re supposed to want to be together and enjoy the time that you spend together.  You’re supposed to have mutual affection and respect for each other.  I couldn’t be happier in my relationship with him.

And now it’s time for me to set down permanent roots here.  I’ve decided to stay so I’m going to find a house to buy.  I met with a lender today and everything looks good in terms of financing.  My credit has been rebuilt so it is in excellent standing.  I was pleasantly surprised that I can get approved for the amount that I was thinking would be my top budget.  Now it’s time to actually start looking at houses.  My agent should get in contact with me tomorrow and we’ll start setting up times to look at houses.  I don’t know how long it will take to find “the one” but I’m excited about the process.  After years of watching house hunters, I finally get to do my own.

So I have to say that I am extremely blessed.  Life is good and I think moving to San Antonio was one of the best decisions I’ve made. 

2 comments:

Jan said...

I am so happy for you!

Andrew said...

I think Matt has allowed you to shine! I am so proud of you!
I ave always admired you, though.