Friday, June 15, 2012

House Hunting Delayed

Well, I may not be able to buy a house as quickly as planned, but hopefully everything will work out sooner, rather than later.  I’m going to get a contract done for the sale of the house in Canyon and have my uncle get it to his lender ASAP.  If all goes well, we’ll try to close within 30 days.  That means I probably can’t make an offer on any houses until then.  I’m hoping to push them to get it done faster.  Unfortunately, Wells Fargo doesn’t have a good reputation for closing on time. 

I did meet with my realtor yesterday and it looks like she will be great.  She gave me a lot of good information and I’m looking forward to looking at houses with her.  I just wish it were sooner rather than later. 

It was nice to sleep in today – unlike yesterday when I was awake at 6:00 a.m.  So far I haven’t done much aside from looking at houses online.  I’ve loaded the dishwasher but need to get busy cleaning the house.  Since I have company coming next week, I need to get busy. 

Not sure what plans I have for the evening.  Matt will probably come over and then we’ll eat out leftover meals from Maggiano’s.  He mentioned going to a movie, but I’m not sure there’s anything I really want to see.  He wants to see Prometheus, but I have no interest in it.  I might see The Avengers, but won’t be crushed if I don’t. 

I think I’ll do a little reading today.  It’s been a while since I’ve gotten to read for pleasure.  I have a few books started and I want to re-read Harry Potter this summer since I didn’t get to last year.

No comments: