Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Year in Review

1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?

Played in a Scrabble tournament. I actually played in three tournaments and won 2nd place in the third one.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I don’t think I made any last year. I’m going to have to make a resolution to lose weight this year though.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Nope.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

My best friend’s daughter passed away this year.

5. What countries did you visit?

No countries again – but I have hope that I will some day.

6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?

More time to read.

7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

Probably Jan 1 when Matt kissed me for the first time at New Year’s.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Selling my house in Canyon and buying a house here in San Antonio.

9. What was your biggest failure?

I can’t think any major failures except sucking at my first Scrabble tournament and gaining a million pounds.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Same as last year: Nothing major – typical colds, allergies and such. Lots of bumps and bruises from moving and delivering textbooks.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

A new house.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Matt has been a pretty awesome boyfriend and Josh still has a 4.0 in college.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

I can’t think of anyone. Some of the kids at school are still brats.

14. Where did most of your money go?

Buying a new house.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

House hunting, beating Matt at Scrabble.

16. What song will always remind you of 2012?

“Start of Something Good” by Daughtry

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

happier or sadder? Probably about the same. Still happy that I’m with Matt.
- richer or poorer? Only slightly richer because I paid off a few bills
- thinner or fatter? Much fatter – gained 15 pounds this year

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?

Reading and traveling.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Eating

20. How did you spend the holidays?

New Years (2012) – with Matt
Valentine’s Day – with Matt – sort of. Had a band concert so only saw him briefly on Valentines, but we celebrated together later.
Easter – Matt and I went back to Canyon
4th of July – with Matt – cooked out on the grill and then just hung out at home.
Thanksgiving – with Matt and Josh – made dinner in the new house.
Christmas – here in SA with Josh and Matt

21. Did you fall in love in 2012?

Yes, Matt and I said “I love you” on Valentine’s day.

22. How many one-night stands?

None – dating Matt exclusively.

23. What was your favorite TV program?

I started watching Storage Wars this year though it’s not necessarily my favorite. I still enjoy watching House Hunters as well.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

No – still friends with everyone as far as I know.

25. What was the best book you read?

I didn’t read as much as I wanted, but I did enjoy Perks of Being a Wallflower and a new teen series by Allie Condie (Matched, Crossed, and Reached).

26. What was your favorite film of this year?

Les Miserables

27. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?

Since I gained so much weight and refuse to buy bigger closthes, I’m limited to wearing the same 3 or 4 pairs of pants over and over.

28. Whom did you miss?

Still miss many of my friends back in Canyon.

29. Who was the best new person you met?

Not sure – only met a handful of new people.

30. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.

I can’t think of any major lessons learned. Don’t move in the rain.

No comments: