Sunday, January 27, 2013

A fat lip

Only I can give myself a fat lip.  I was picking up socks in my bedroom to put in the laundry basket and hit my lip on the basket splitting my lip.  It’s going to really hurt tomorrow.  This weekend was pretty uneventful. Friday I was supposed to have a meeting all day, but the speaker was injured in a car wreck so it was cancelled after lunch.  We stayed until 11:00, went to lunch, and then went back to school.  Matt brought Schlotzkey’s sandwiches home for dinner.  He also took the dogs to the beauty parlor earlier that day.  I’m sure Max feels better now that he doesn’t look like a mop.  Mollie got a bath and her nails trimmed.  We watched the second Harry Potter on Friday evening.  Matt has now started the 3rd book.  I’m rereading the 4th at the moment.  Matt had to work on Saturday.  I slept in and then went shopping.  I finally found a new watch on sale at Kohl’s.  It was 25% off and then I had a coupon for another 20%.  After Kohl’s, I went to Panera and had soup and salad for lunch.  I then went to Ross for Less and found some sheets for my bed and two pairs of shoes.  After that, I went to Hobby Lobby and went a little crazy with craft supplies.  I got paint and other items to make some cool Scrabble racks.  Matt grilled steaks for dinner and we watched Iron Man.  Today we went to church at noon then to Ihop for brunch.  We went to the pet store to get a collar and tag for the new kitty.  He’s kind of figured out the pet door so I want to make sure if he gets out that he doesn’t get lost.  I also got new tags for the other animals so that the address is updated.  So that’s the excitement here.  I mostly read and watched tv this weekend.  Not a bad way to spend it – aside from the fat lip.

1 comment:

Jan said...

Pardon me for giggling, but back in the Farrah Fawcett hair days,I gave myself a black eye with the hair dryer.

Klutzes, unite! No wonder I love reading your blog!

Jan