Thursday, January 10, 2013

It’s only a game

I know that Scrabble is only a game, but playing Matt frustrates the heck out of me.  I know there are bigger things to get upset over, but I was very irritated when I left Scrabble tonight.  I was only going to play two games anyway, but at the end of my 2nd game against Matt, he beat me by bingoing out and leaving me with the X and Q stuck in my rack.  I was so irritated that I threw tiles at him before I left.  It took the drive home and walking on the treadmill before I calmed down.  I know I shouldn’t be so competitive, but it is frustrating.  It’s not that I mind losing, I just mind getting beat to a pulp. 

Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday.  This week has seemed to go on forever.  My library has been freezing with the temps hovering around 60 degrees because the district hasn’t figured out how to turn the air conditioning off when it is cool outside.  I don’t know what plans we have for this weekend other than taking down the Christmas decorations.  I’m looking forward to sleeping in, myself.

2 comments:

Jan said...

I keep hoping I'm not competetive, but signs keep popping up that I might be, lol. I keep finding ways to compete against myself, so when I get mad, no one gets hurt...I'll let you know how it's working out.

Kudos on the treadmill solution! When I moved last year, only had room for one piece of exercise equipment and chose the elliptical and I HATE it. I don't like having to work so hard and not going anywhere so I try to get outside every day.

You'll work it out, I'm sure!

Jan

Leann said...

O.k, I have to admit I was a bit surprised when you said you threw tiles at him........and I was a bit amused as well. I'm glad the physical exercise helped to drain some of the anger from you.