Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Drum roll….

Well, my official weigh in this week was pretty good – in spite of the scale that can’t figure out what I weigh.  I stepped on it numerous times and it always gave me a different number.  It ranged from 187 to 184.8.  I ended up going with an average weight of 186.2.  There, I posted my weight for the world to see.  I started out at 191.2 so I’m down five pounds for this week.  I think that’s a pretty good start.  I’m feeling better about food since I upped the calories.  Even with the increase, I’ve still kept it close to 1200 when I add a work out for that day.  Hopefully the scale will get itself sorted out and I’ll keep losing weight. 

Tonight Josh made homemade Chicken Parmesan.  It was quite yummy.  Luckily, I didn’t consume a lot of calories at lunch or breakfast so I had plenty.  Since I had dessert, I’m now over by 15 calories which means that I need to do some walking tonight.  I just finished with my Janet Evanovich book so I guess I need to start something else.  I have tons of books that I want to read.  I set a goal of reading 50 new books this year on Good Reads.  I’ve now read two so I guess I’m on target, but the next book will take a while.  I’m reading a book called “Quiet – The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking.”  So far it’s pretty interesting, but like most nonfiction, it’s a slower read. 

2 comments:

Leann said...

Congrats on the weight loss!! You're a brave woman putting it out there, but I think it also makes for better motivation :-) Well done!!

Jan said...

It's a great idea, to put it out there. I agree with Leann, it's a great motivator.

I was so secretive about my weight that for 2 years, I wouldn't even let the doctor tell me how much I weighed. The day I admitted I had a huge problem (it was my arse), I asked and almost fainted when I heard the number-but by knowing, I took ownership of my problem.

Down 130 or so pounds, I only admitted to my youngest son last week what my starting weight was...

Keep it up!
Jan