Monday, August 12, 2013

Back to work

Today was the first day back to work for me.  I really tried to make the most of the weekend by being completely lazy.  I was able to sell Josh’s car on Friday to another deal for $150 more than what I was offered at Car Max.  I did that and then had them drop me off at the library downtown where Matt works so he could take me home.  I found a couple of books to read while there.  I’ve started reading Rick Riordan’s adult mystery novels that are set in San Antonio.  (He’s the author of the Percy Jackson series.) 

I intended for Saturday to be an all day pajama day, but I had to get out to deposit the check for the car.  I knew it would take a few days to post and thought it would be in my account by now.  I still goofed off most of the day, however.

Matt and I tried a new church on Sunday but I didn’t like it much.  It was supposed to be and English service which technically it was, but the choir sang all the mass parts in Spanish.  The priest was also hard to understand even though he was speaking English because he had a thick Spanish accent.  After church we took Felix to the vet to get fixed so that Josh can take him to Houston when he moves this weekend.  After that we headed to the store to get groceries since I was out of pet food and soap among other items.  The rest of the day was spent doing laundry. 

I took a sleeping pill last night to force myself to go to bed early.  I had been staying up past midnight.  It seemed to help.  I was able to get up before 7:00 this morning with no problem.  I even had to wait for the secretary to get there because I didn’t have any keys to get in the building. 

I was busy all day today.  I worked on getting equipment ready for teachers to check out.  I didn’t quite get finished, but I’m close.  I should have that done by mid-morning tomorrow.  Then I can work on cleaning and moving other equipment out as needed.  I also have to work on my Scrabble presentation that I’m doing for librarians on Friday.  I talked to the foundation that awarded me my Scrabble grant today and they really want to push Scrabble clubs so I’m going to really talk it up in my session. 

After work today, Matt and I went to eat at a burger place in town as a social gathering for librarians in our district.  It was nice to see them again.  Now I’m home and I’m exhausted.  It’s hard to work all day when you’ve been mostly lazy during the summer.  I need to do a little more laundry and them I’m going to call it an early night again.  I need to get back into normal sleep and wake times.

1 comment:

dkzody said...

Ah, yes, I remember that getting back into the routine swing of things when school started. I always started a week or so ahead getting up early so I would be tired enough to go to bed at night. Once school started, I was exhausted every night and in bed by 8. Hard work. hope your new school year goes smoothly for you.