Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Back to the grind

Well, is it Friday yet? No? Today was TAKS testing. We had to administer those lovely state mandated tests that in general are a complete waste of time, money, intelligence among other things. We had to have a three hour block of time for a test that took about an hour to complete in most respects. And once again, I had the students that are just basically headaches. I don't know any other way to put it. Luckily it was a situation where there are two teachers in the room so that helped mostly.
My afternoon classes just watched an episode of Monk. I'll tie it in to my upcoming lesson in some way. It was pointless to teach today when I only had 3 of my 5 classes. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do tomorrow. I have a few hours yet.
Tonight Josh and I went to Amarillo to Best Buy. It's been a LONG time since I went to Amarillo for anything other than going through there on my way to somewhere else. I picked up two movies. I wanted to get the movie "Life is Beautiful" because I thought it might be a good movie to incorporate into the next chapter I am teaching. I haven't seen the movie, but have heard so many good things about it and I think it may fit. So I'll get a box of kleenex and watch it this weekend. I also got the movie "In Her Shoes". I haven't seen it either, but have read the book and loved it. I also heard good things about it so I'll find a time to watch it as well.
I also got some Taco Villa for supper tonight. It was quite yummy. Although after reading Grumpy's blog, I want some of his homemade lasagna and salad with his homemade blue cheese dressing. How far is it to Alabama?
Next week I am going to the TFA state tournament down in Pharr, Texas. It will be interesting, I think. I wish I would have had a laptop to take with me, but haven't seen my tax refund yet. I checked online today and I am supposed to receive it by March 21. Patience.

No comments: