Sunday, February 12, 2006

Do I have to go back?

I don't really want to go to school tomorrow. I have to get my grades completed. I still have a few papers to grade and I am just not up for it. I don't know if I have anything to wear tomorrow and I really don't care. Can you tell I am ready for spring break? Actually, I am ready for any kind of break. I enjoyed getting away, but having to deal with substitutes and leaving work and all of that, it is sometimes more trouble than it's worth. The fact that I am leaving again and driving to San Antonio doesn't help. But I really want to hear Josh's concert and this trip will be nice in the sense that I will get to see a lot of old friends from college. I am really looking forward to this trip... other than the drive.
I am still giving thought to the idea of getting my librarian certification. I am still thinking I might want to get out of the classroom at some point. Or perhaps move on to teaching college. Problem is that it will take a lot of time and money of which I don't have generous amounts right now. I am also wondering if I did make the effor to get my certification if I would receive a salary decrease. In general, librarians make more than teachers... but not if you compare a starting librarian salary to a 5-6 year teacher salary.
My brother stopped by today. We had a nice long visit. He is in the process of getting divorced which is a good thing. I know as a Catholic coming into the Church that I probably shouldn't say that.. but it is true. And besides... his marriage wouldn't have been considered valid since his wife had been married before. We also talked about God and religion and all of that. It was interesting. I invited him to my confirmation at Easter Vigil. I think I will have some family there. I am not sure how many though. I am thinking about sending out announcements. I am inviting people by word of mouth, but I do want to get across the importance and significance of the event.
Well, I need to get the dishwasher started and figure out what to wear tomorrow.

No comments: