Thursday, February 23, 2006

A slump

I'm not sure what it is, but I feel I'm in a slump right now. Perhaps it's just this time of year before spring break. Maybe it was my bad day yesterday. I hate ending the day with a horrible class. I don't feel like teaching today or grading papers or doing anything productive. I would much rather be home in bed. I am tired despite going to bed by 10:00 last night. I am to the point where I am again questioning this decision to come back to teaching. Don't worry, I'm not planning on quitting any time soon, it's just that I have been reminded about why I got out of teaching in the first place. Sometimes I feel like I am not a very good teacher. I wonder if this is what I am supposed to be doing. But I am in a position where I don't have any other choice right now. I wonder if I should even dare dream about any other possibilities.
I know this slump will pass and it's just a moment. And it's not that I am unhappy in general. I am still happy with many things, most especially Church right now. That is a bright spot, but even that has been somewhat side-stepped lately. Again, there are not enough hours in the day.

No comments: