Sunday, September 28, 2008

Need to get moving

I'm playing at church this morning so I need to go take a shower and get ready. I copied the music I needed that has page turns. The music director bought me a set of books with all the clarinet music for our hymnal, but I found out the last time I played that there were some awkward page turns. This time I got the numbers for the songs in advance so I won't have those issues.
I read the book The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier yesterday. It was part of my assigned reading for my Children's Lit class. I have to say I didn't like the book at all. It reminded me of Lord of the Flies with a host of cruel boys. Maybe for me it's a girl thing, but I didn't see the point of story like this other than to indicate that there are cruel people in the world.
I think I did well on the tests I took yesterday for my class. I don't know if I aced it, but I think I answered most of them correctly. Now I've got to start catching up on the other class. I've printed out some articles on the decline of libraries and have to offer my opinion on the matter. I still need to read a chapter in the book for that class and then take a quiz. I also need to start working on my next paper for it as well. So far the work hasn't been really hard, but it is time consuming. According to my academic adviser, students should plan to spend 12 hours a week per class studying. I'm getting close to that point. I pretty much come home every night and focus on grad school work. That means I'm not getting as much done for my classes at the high school. I had intentions of going up to the school today to work, but because of what I spent last month in gas, I don't want to go. I'll try to get caught up on grading today, but I also need to read more books for my Children's Lit class.
Well barely over a month and I'll be headed to Key West. I cannot tell you how excited I am to be going. I just have a lot of work to do between now and then so that I can focus my time on relaxing and having fun.
Well, gotta go get ready for church.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"articles on the decline of libraries"
?
Why decline? In general or especially in America? Could you give me a link? I would like to read about that.