Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Staying afloat

I am finally in my room at school. I haven't completely unpacked but I'm functioning. My grad school stuff is on hold at the moment. I have to concentrate on school stuff right now.
I started this post at 6:59 and now it's 10:15 - past my bed time so here's a brief recap thus far:
Sunday - got into my room and got set up. some students came up and helped me move stuff.
Monday - off from school - spent the day working on stuff for school
Tuesday - Finally in my room at school - irritated with counselors who keep putting more students in my 6th period than I have computers for. Got a school parking ticket even though I have my permit on my car.
Wednesday - Was late for faculty meeting because I forgot about it. Won a door prize and the assistant principal "announced" that I had a "sweetie". Have a feeling that my principal is going to deny my trip to convention this year and if so, that will make me mad.
Tonight - spent the time grading stuff. haven't done anything in regards to grad school lately as I have to deal with teaching stuff.
That's it in a nutshell for now.

2 comments:

Billy said...

You are doing great! Keep it up! I plan to encourage you as much as I can this year to help you out. Let me know if you need anything!

Andrew said...

This post felt frantic. I could hear it in your writing "voice." Thinking of you. If there is anything I can do then just ask.