Sunday, September 20, 2009

Can't sleep

I tried to go to bed around 11 and I'm still awake. I have a tickle in my throat I can't relax my mind enough to fall asleep. I just took a benadryl in hopes that it will get rid of the throat issue (and sneezing) and knock me out shortly. Of course I'm supposed to play at Mass tomorrow. Thankfully it is the 11:15 service instead of the 8:30. Otherwise, I don't think I'd make it.

I spent much of today (but not enough) cleaning the house. The kitchen is clean and I even mopped the floor. The living room is mostly picked up. I have a few more things to tackle in there. I need to tidy up the extra bedroom and Josh's room. The next biggest chore will be cleaning my room and my bathroom. I'm trying to get most of my cleaning done this weekend in preparation for Thomas' visit next weekend. I don't want him to know the total slob I am just yet. Though I have told him that I am not a good housekeeper. He did say though, that if I cook, he'll do the dishes... now that is a winner in my book.

I only briefly talked to him this morning. He went to visit one of his sons this weekend. Tomorrow I have a bunch of things to accomplish. The cleaning might get put on hold. I have to get a bunch of papers graded, complete three weeks worth of lesson plans, complete a practice assignment for my cataloging class and take a quiz, and start a memo assignment for my other library class. I think after church I'm going to go to the library and force myself to get some work done. I am always too distracted at home. If I stay here I will probably procrastinate my homework by cleaning - which in general would be good, but I need to really focus on school stuff or I will never catch up. O.k. I know that I will never catch up regardless, but at least I might not feel as overwhelmed.

Well, I'm going to TRY to go back to bed. Maybe now that I've blogged my mind will feel a little less full.

1 comment:

Leann said...

Hope this finds you peacefully sawing logs. :-)