Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Restful Day

I was able to sleep in this morning which was lovely. I was so tired that I went to bed at 9:30 last night. I woke up around 4:30 but was able to go back to sleep. I didn't get up until 8:00. I got up and paid bills online and then got ready for my meeting. Had a meeting in Canyon and then went to lunch with some fellow teachers at Feldman's. I had chicken fried chicken with mashed potatoes and corn. It was very yummy. I probably shouldn't have eaten that much but I was hungry!

I came home afterward and was still tired so I took a nap. I guess I'm still dealing with a general sickness. I turned my room into a sauna last night by running the hot water in the shower and leaving the door open and running a clothes steamer I have. Sure enough after about 30 minutes the mirror in my room was fogged up and it felt moist in there. Then I went to bed with the humidifier on. I don't know how much it helped though. I still have laryngitis, but my voice might be slightly better today. I hope that it goes away soon... it is very annoying.

Thomas is sick. I guess I was still infectious with what I had two weeks ago because he's come down with a cold or something. I didn't have a cold really - mostly tonsillitis with fever, but he doesn't have his tonsils. But he didn't seem to mind getting it.... after all, I am a good kisser!

I'm trying to work on my library stuff but the reading is going slow. Cataloging is getting more complex. Creating a MARC record isn't as simple as putting the title and author down. I'm really doing my grad school stuff because I don't want to work on other things. It's my way of procrastinating - but at least I get other things done. Sometimes I put off cleaning for a long time but then I do it when I know I should be doing something else and I don't want to do what really is most important. Like right now I should be finishing the chapter on Access Points in my cataloging text book, but I'm blogging. Sometimes you just need to take a break, you know?

3 comments:

Andrew said...

This brought the biggest smile on my face... "after all, I am a good kisser!" Sassy, girl! Sassy! I like it!

Annabel said...

LOL Andrew... well, I think I'm a good kisser and I've been told that by others so I guess I have the right to brag. It's one of my favorite things about dating... getting to kiss!

Leann said...

That comment made me laugh also. You go girl!! Sacrifices have to be made :-)