Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Three Days and counting!

Can you tell I'm excited? Thomas will be here on Friday! Not sure what time he'll get to town. It will depend on if he can get off from work a little early. Still making plans for the weekend.

I'm trying to get caught up with all my work, but it's not going very well. I finally started making a list today and it is still daunting. It is getting to the point where I feel so overwhelmed that I just want to shut down. Last night I spent four hours writing a class assignment that was just a memo. But I had to read a bunch of articles, justify everything and create a bibliography of sources used. It wasn't difficult, but time consuming. Then I realized that I was supposed to have been part of a discussion group beforehand and I hadn't been placed in a group. I emailed the professor and now I've been added to the group.

I still haven't turned in lesson plans for the year. One of these days I'll get to it, but it stays low on my list of things "to do." Tonight I have to participate in a chat for my cataloging class. We have our first exam this week. I don't think it will be difficult as long as I don't make stupid mistakes. I'm going to get it out of the way early before Thomas comes.

Things are going well with Thomas so far. Now when he's going to be out of pocket, he calls me and lets me know. It's a small thing, but it's something I appreciate. He called me at lunch time today and I'm sure we'll chat this evening while I work on class stuff.

Well, I better get busy and get some work done - though I really think it isn't fair to have to work so hard in the evenings. Does everyone bring their work home with them? I would really like to have a job that when I leave at the end of the day the work stays there and I don't have to spend additional hours preparing and working. Life is too short to not enjoy time away from the job. I guess teachers are just supposed to deal with because we get summers off... let me tell you that if I "earned" extra time for all the hours I spend beyond the classroom - I should get a year off at least!

1 comment:

Leann said...

I'll bet you put in a ton of hours. I'm fortunate to be able to leave work at work. I treasure that.

I will be praying that the visit with Thomas goes well and that God's hand will guide you both.