Saturday, July 03, 2010

Cleaning House

It’s been long overdue, but I have made the effort to clean house this weekend.  This was of course because I had company coming over for the 3rd of July celebration which has since been cancelled.  It has rained here all day and it is just too wet so the celebrations this evening will have to be rescheduled.  At least that gives me more time to clean.  I’ve pretty much gotten the kitchen & living room done other than sweeping and mopping.  Today I’ve been working on my bedroom which should have been declared a federal disaster area. I have too many clothes.  That in itself wouldn’t be bad if I had a lot of nice clothes.  But I’m overrun with t-shirts, sweats, and pajamas at the moment.  I got most of it done today but still need to vacuum and clean the bathroom which will take a while.  Tomorrow I’ll have to sweep and mop the house.  I don’t know if and when the fireworks show will be rescheduled.  We’re tentatively planning to have our get together tomorrow.  I planned to make fajitas, queso, and spanish rice. 

Now it’s late and I’m going to go to bed.  I think I have to play at church tomorrow so I better get some rest. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the rain, we could use some here now ...

Cin said...

I had to laugh when I read the part about "federal disaster area". I have had rooms get into that state on occasion! My garage is like that now! I hope you were able to have a wonderful 4th of July!