Saturday, July 31, 2010

Lucky Me

There’s a blog I’ve been reading for about 5 years now called Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda.  The writer has an amazing way with words and an incredible sense of humor.  She is a full time writer and she has a second blog site called Want Not where she posts all kinds of deals.  On that site she often holds contests for items that she gives away.  To enter, all you have to do is follow her instructions which is usually just leaving some kind of comment.  Winners are selected by a random number generator.  This week, I was the winner and I won these earrings.  Since I’m on a kick of trying to be a little more feminine these days, the earrings should help. 

You see, I’m fairly girly, but I’m not high maintenance at all.  I never have my nails done and most of the time they are short because I just can’t grow them out.  I wear comfortable clothes and more importantly comfortable (i.e. no heels) shoes.  In the summer I usually don’t wear make-up unless I’m going out for something important (like a date).  I don’t have a regular hairstylist, usually opting for a quick haircut at the mall when it’s gotten to the point of driving me crazy.  I have some jewelry, but rarely wear it, usually opting for just my crucifix necklace. 

Lately, however, I’ve been growing my nails out.  They’re at a pretty good length right now and I’ve been polishing them with a clear polish that is supposed to help harden my nails as they’re pretty soft and prone to breaking.  I’ve been wearing some of the jewelry I have when I think about it, though I do need better earrings since my ears are still fairly sensitive to the cheap stuff.  I still have the nice pair of gold and emerald earrings that Marty got me five years ago.  Maybe if I put a little more effort into myself, I might get another date… of course, this may all be temporary since I may once again be completely consumed with work and grad school. 

But I’m excited to have won the contest though I figured I’d win at some point.  Not because I always enter, but I tend to have a little bit of luck from time to time.  (hmm… maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket)  In college I won the big prizes at our Christmas parties twice (one was a Swatch and the other was a small Boombox).  I won the big honeymoon package at a Bridal Fair the day after I got engaged which was an all inclusive trip to any Sandals resort in the Caribbean.  Last year, I won the big 42 inch flat screen t.v. in a school drawing.  I just hope my luck never runs out! 

No comments: