Friday, July 16, 2010

Nothing much

I know I’ve been a bad blogger.  I really don’t have an excuse since I haven’t done much with my days.  Last weekend was spent finishing up the draft three of my project.  I was completely unmotivated to get it down.  Thankfully on Monday I realized that I had more done than I thought did.  I was able to finish it up and send it off though I know it needs a lot of corrections.  After reading my peer’s paper in the review process I felt better about my own paper. 

Today I’m doing a little cleaning as my aunt and uncle are coming today.  The house is mostly clean so it shouldn’t take too much effort.  Though I still haven’t cleaned my bathroom.  I should probably get that done. 

I tried eharmony for the past three months and it seems totally pointless.  I don’t know if the guys on there are just snobs, but I have gotten a total of three actual contacts that have emailed me.  Not one of them are local and none of them came to anything – they all fizzled within a week.  So now I’m trying match.com.  This has had slightly more promise, but not much.  Most of the men seem to be just as judgmental.  I winked at one and emailed him – a forty-something year old man that had never been married and Catholic.  He responded right away but immediately asked where my pictures were.  I told him they were being “approved” but would be up within a day.  And that’s the last I heard from him.  Maybe I’m not as cute as I thought I was.  I don’t think I’m drop dead gorgeous – far from it – but I don’t think I’m butt-ugly either.  I could understand if I were 300+ pounds and made no effort with myself.  I guess since I’m not model thin, blonde, athletic, and stupid that I don’t attract most men.  Oh well.  I don’t want someone that shallow anyway.  I have emailed a guy in Albuquerque for the past week and a half, but that’s it.  Nothing more than email and nothing really flirtatious either.  He did say that if/when I come to ABQ that he’d like to go for coffee or something.  So we’ll see.  I have a three month deal on match.com and if nothing works out from it then I’ll probably give up on online dating again.  I’m still not even sure what I want at this point.  I mostly just want a date – maybe a good friendship. 

Well, I need to go take a shower and make myself presentable for company.  I’ll try to make an effort to post a little more often.  Sorry Mago!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No "sorry" please.

Summer said...

I have been a very bad blogger, just haven't felt it lately.

The man situation... you just have to keep weeding them out. And that's easier said than done.