Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Year in Review 2010

I’m posting this a few days early, but what the heck – here’s this year’s review of 2010.

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?

- Went to football games to actually watch the game and not the band.

2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I rarely make resolutions and generally don’t keep them if I do. I did intend to lose weight last year and I did accomplish that goal losing about 20 pounds in total (on a good day). As far as resolutions for this year – my plan is to simply survive the rest of this school year and become the librarian next year. As far as I know that is the plan at this point, but definitely won’t count the chickens before they hatch!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Not exactly – see #4 below.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

I had two friends this year who both had babies that they carried full term and died before they were born.

5. What countries did you visit?

No new countries but did get to go to Florida and ride a bunch of new roller coasters.

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?

More time to simply enjoy life, more dates with Michael, more love.

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory?

July 29 – First time I met Michael in person. October 28 – First official date as a couple. October 30 – Eagles concert with Michael – best date ever.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Finishing up my grad school classes with a 4.0 GPA. Meeting someone that I find to be wonderful who seems to like me as well.

9. What was your biggest failure?

Not getting that damn yearbook finished.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

No, was sick a little off and on, but nothing major.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

My new laptop with my tax refund check. New camera. Two new printers (one laser, one ink jet). I’m giddy for technology.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Josh still has a 4.0 AND he found a job this year. Michael for getting his head out of his butt and realizing it is ok to date me.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

Some of my students who refuse to try and have the capability of doing better.

14. Where did most of your money go?

Amazon.com – school books, other books, gifts – and Walmart where I buy groceries and such.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Dating again – first time in about 5 years with the exception of the bizzaro thing last year with Thomas.

16. What song/album will always remind you of 2010?

To Get Me to You – by Lila McCann – makes me think of my relationship with Michael.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

happier or sadder? Much happier
thinner or fatter? Thinner – a size smaller
richer or poorer? About the same money-wize – financially stable.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Reading for pleasure, relaxing, roller coaster riding

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Worrying, procrastinating

20. How will you be spending Christmas?

Well since Christmas is already over, I guess this question is pointless. I basically did nothing this year except make dinner for Josh and his friends. Next Christmas – who knows – I hope I’ll be able to spend it with Michael.

21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?

Probably Josh or my aunt. Michael and I talk, but rarely on the phone.

22. Did you fall in love in 2010?

Not completely, but I admit that I’m in the process of falling.

23. How many one night stands in this last year?

Thank goodness none.

24. What was your favorite TV program?

I hardly got to watch t.v. – but still like Chuck and Psych.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

No – I rarely find myself in a position where I hate someone. Sure, there’s always someone that I don’t like much, but pretty much nobody completely rubbed me the wrong way this year.

26. What was the best book(s) you read?

The Book Thief and now I’m hooked on the Jack Reacher series by Lee Child. I ordered a Kindle just so I could continue reading without adding to the growing stacks in my house.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Not sure that I made a new discovery in terms of music this year – though I did realize that I do like the Eagles after getting to go to their concert – rediscovering their music so to speak might be the best discovery for this year.

28. What did you want and get?

A relationship that makes me happy with someone I really like and respect. A 4.0 in my graduate school classes.

29. What did you want and not get?

A job as a librarian.

30. What were your favorite films of this year?

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1. Other than that, I didn’t really see many movies in the theater.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 41 and spent it with Michael who made me my favorite dinner of spaghetti. It was a very nice birthday, and the company was amazing.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Being able to figure out what goes on in Michael’s head.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?

Again – I have no fashion concept. I did try to wear more jewelry this year – so I guess that’s my addition to fashion.

34. What kept you sane?

Writing/blogging, dating, knowing that there’s a light at the end of the tunnel and this is probably my last year of teaching.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Can’t think of anyone in particular. I have a little more admiration for Robert Downey Jr. – I used to not really like him at all, but I did enjoy his performance in Sherlock Holmes – so that is saying something.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?

The fact that the Texas legislature continues to screw up education and yet people still voted most of them back in office.

37. Who did you miss?

I’m missing Michael right now because he’s gone for Christmas break. It would have been nice to spend more time with my other family members this year like my sister, dad, and brother.

38. Who was the best new person you met?

Michael by far!

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.

Sometimes people surprise you in good ways and that you don’t necessarily have to give up looking for love for it to find you, but you have to really be open to finding it.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?

“There's a light at the end of this tunnel
There's a light at the end of this tunnel
For you, for you
There's a light at the end of this tunnel
Shinin' bright at the end of this tunnel
For you, for you
So keep holdin' on”

~Third Day

No comments: