Monday, April 30, 2012

I should be in bed..

but I’m going to write a blog post instead.  Matt will be calling me about 11:00 so I might as well stay up.  It was a busy day at school and every time I left the library, I caught student out of class and I ended up writing one office referral on one of them.  I have some girls that are going to do poetry reading for UIL and they are very excited about it.  I haven’t even had time to finalize their collections, but they are coming to the library to look in books every chance they get.  They are really cute.  I’m looking forward to working with them.  I also have two boys that are going to do poetry as well.  I have another student (or maybe two) that will do impromptu speaking as well.  I hope that I’m able to coach them so that they do well in the competition. 

Matt is the best boyfriend ever.  He mowed my lawn for me this morning.  (I haven’t mowed it myself in months now.) He also came up to school and helped me by shelving books for me.  I think I’m going to have to keep him.  He will come over Wednesday and grill some filets. 

I had orchestra rehearsal tonight.  It was a bit daunting as two of the clarinet players were gone so it was just me and another guy.  We managed pretty well in spite of the others being gone.  Thankfully I have the next two weeks off from band.  I really needed the break as I was getting kind of burned out.  I’m enjoying orchestra quite a bit. 

Tomorrow is another busy day with lots to do.  I guess I should get to bed.  Matt just called so we’re good for tonight.  It’s so nice to have a boyfriend who realizes it is important to talk to each other.  If we don’t see each other, we at least talk daily. 

No comments: