Friday, April 13, 2012

Taxes Done

I didn’t go to Scrabble practice last night.  This week I’ve skipped just about everything – orchestra, band, Scrabble.  I stayed at school until almost 6:00 working on the fixed assets inventory yesterday.  I’ve been really tired.  I don’t think I’ve been getting enough sleep or something.  So last night I finished filing taxes for myself and Josh.  Luckily I’ll get a little bit of a refund - $567.  It’s not as amazing as last year, but most of it was spent on moving expenses anyway.  Josh is getting $33 back.  A good chunk of money he earned from my uncle was sent before he was officially on the payroll and having taxes withdrawn.  So that hurt him a little – but at least he doesn’t have to pay.  When my money gets here, I’m going to get new glasses.  I have insurance, but I’m sure I’ll have to pay extra for things like scratch-resistant lenses – which is a must for me.  I’ve discovered that I can’t read things up close with my glasses on.  I can read just find without them.  I don’t know if that necessarily means I need bifocals or what.  If so, I guess it is yet another sign that I’m getting older. 

So American Idol was interesting last night – thought not all that surprising.  I figured the judges would use their save when needed.  I think Jessica is very talented and shouldn’t have been in the bottom. 

Matt came over this evening and I cooked dinner and now we’re watching Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.  We are supposed to play scrabble at some point.  I’ve been playing my brother online a little bit.  I won the first game – but barely.

I have to do a lot of house cleaning this weekend.  I’m getting another house inspection by my realtor on Wednesday.  I guess it’s good since I’ve needed to do some major cleaning for a while.  Ugh.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Didn't Matthew once play basketball for the NBA at one time? Just kidding, but the difference in height are interesting. My eyes grew wide open as I saw that picture of you two standing together.