Thursday, July 25, 2013

Back from Nationals

Yesterday started off well; I won my first game, but then proceeded to lose the next two.  I didn’t just lose – I lost by a bunch of points in both games.  But in the end I won almost half my games with a 15-16 record.  I was seeded 81st and ended up in 61st place out of 95.  My rating increased from a 647 to 755, so I’m pleased overall.  I realize that my vocabulary is still woefully short.  So if Matt and I go to Nationals in Buffalo, NY next year, I’ll need to start studying much more in advance. 

It was a nice trip anyway.  I was surprised that I wasn’t as mentally exhausted as I thought I would be.  The problem, however, is that I’m now on Vegas time.  I slept in until almost noon today.  I think that I’m going to take it easy for a few days.  I still have a lot of things to get done this summer before I go back to work in a few weeks.  I have a presentation to plan and need to get started on it soon.  I also have some class reunion stuff to work on. 

But for now, I’m watching the Monk marathon on tv.  I’m already thinking about taking a nap.  I’m meeting Matt for dinner at 5:30 and then we have Scrabble tonight. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

More Scrabble! You are a glutton! Glad you had such a good time.