Monday, July 15, 2013

Just a few more days

Matt and I are gearing up for our big trip to Vegas in a few days.  We head out on Thursday afternoon.  Registration is on Friday and we start playing on Saturday.  I’ve been trying to get some studying done and I’m making progress but it feels like it is slow going.  I don’t know if I’m just not as focused as I need to be or if it is just more difficult for things to stick these days.  I’ve always thought that I was good at memorizing things but the words seem more difficult to retain – even with some of my creative mnemonic devices. 

I worked all of last week and today helping with summer testing for the district.  It will be a nice boost to my August paycheck, but I wish I had the money to take with me to Vegas.  Tomorrow I need to do laundry and start packing.  I’ve been able to do a little bit of reading here and there.  I finished a couple of books so far and have another one started.  I’ll probably do some reading in Vegas during down time. 

I went to the local library on Saturday to study and I think it helped some.  I think I’ll go back for a few hours tomorrow.  It’s nice to get away from the distractions of being home. 

You’d think that having the summer off I’d blog more – the problem is that there’s just not much going on around here.  I spend most of my days studying, goofing off online (playing this new addicting word game on facebook), watching t.v. and reading.  Not a bad way to spend a summer.

No comments: