Monday, July 01, 2013

Scrabble Nightmares

Well, the Scrabble nightmares have started.  The other night I dreamed that I was at the national tournament and it was round two but I couldn’t find postings as to where and who I was supposed to play.  Someone told me that I was supposed to play them and so we sat down at a table but didn’t have a clock.  (Each player has 25 minutes of playing time.)  We finally got a clock but we couldn’t get set at 25 minutes.  It was stuck on 30 minutes.  I didn’t know what to do at that point and then I woke up.  Then last night I was dreaming about words.  I couldn’t remember the bingo stems for TISANE plus the letter T (Instate & Satinet).  I’ve made lots of study cards but haven’t really focused as much as I should.  It’s fairly overwhelming.  I’m probably trying to focus on too much – but that’s par for me – cramming at the last minute.  Maybe I should set some smaller daily goals - like focusing on a certain number of words or certain lists each day. 

I need to play more but my problem is that I get frustrated playing Matt.  We only have practice on Thursdays.  I guess I can just keep playing on my phone, but it’s not the same.  Well, I guess I’ll just do my best on all fronts and she how things go in Vegas.  I just hope I don’t play too badly and have a miserable time there. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that just getting to go the tournament would be great fun. Enjoy yourself as this will be a memory for a lifetime. Think of the stories you can tell.