Friday, July 16, 2004

more cellular phone woes

Aaaarrrrggghhhhhhhh!  Ok, now that I've gotten that out, I'm irked once again.  I go online to check my current calling minutes to see how I'm doing on my plan for this month.  Lo, and behold I find that I owe them $216.  Uh, I don't think so.  My plan is supposed to be $39.99 a month.  Nationwide.  Well, I think I've figured out what happened and it boils down to an inept sales person.  When I had to buy a new phone, the person somehow programmed it with someone else's phone number.  So two days later I take it in and the customer service has to reprogram it with a new card.  Ok, I figured problem solved.  But I guess the person that screwed up the phone also didn't get my plan changed correctly either. 
So, now I've called their customer service line.  After being on hold for a good 10 minutes, I briefly talk to someone who again puts me on hold and after another 5-6 minutes I'm disconnected.  So once again, I'm calling back and on hold again.
Ok, talked with the customer service person and she tried to tell me that she could change it, but it would be effective started this month.  I explained that I should not be charged roaming because I assumed that I had been on the correct plan when I made those calls.  So then she tells me I'll owe something like $71 because she took off the roaming costs.  I then explained that I had downgraded my plan to 39.99 a month.  So she finally comes back with a number that I can live with at $55.  (those damn taxes)
Geez, is it too much to ask for a little competency these days?

No comments: