Tuesday, July 27, 2004

What is it about me?

Do I have "I'm a slut, please talk dirty to me" stamped on my face or something?  What is it about guys that try to chat with me and they DON'T read my profile.  Or maybe they read it and just don't get it or something.  They obviously LOOK at it because sometimes the first comment made is "nice pics".  Before I chat with anyone new, I look at his or her profile.  If it's blank, I don't respond.  I figure if you've got a blank profile, you're a.  possibly hiding something  b.  don't really want people to know about you  or c.  too damn lazy to fill it out.
My second criteria is that when I have to log in as an "adult" to look at a profile, that sends off huge amounts of red flags.  Sometimes I look anyways and usually I either get a lovely naked picture of someone or someone's body part that I didn't WANT to see or a profile that lists their hobbies as sex or many derivatives of the same subject. 
Something else that clues me in to whether I want to chat with someone is the nickname itself.  If it has "69" in it or something obviously sexual, that tells me that it's probably someone very much like my ex-husband and is obsessed with sex.   I don't even want to go there.
Yes, I have some sexy pics of myself on my profile.  That is because I like how I look in them (which is unusual for me).  But that does not indicate that I'm easy, sleazy, or want to talk dirty.  I have to wonder if they just don't "get" it or are just rude.  Probably a bit of both.  I also hate it when these guys haven't quite figured out that I am NOT going to chat with them and then they constantly buzz me.  I haven't sent any rude responses back, because then I would actually let them know I've gotten their annoying messages; but one of these days I'm going to let them have it... or not.  

No comments: