Sunday, August 01, 2010

Night Owl

I really need to adjust my sleep schedule – if you can call it that – soon.  I’ve been going to bed around 2:30 in the morning and sleeping until around 10:30 a.m.  Next week I have to teach a yearbook workshop and have to be able to get there fairly early.  I even feel tired around 10 p.m. but if I try to go to sleep I just can’t – so I get up and play mahjongg, read facebook posts, or surf the web until I can barely keep my eyes open.  I need to go to the doctor sometime next week for my yearly checkup and I’m thinking of asking for sleeping pills.  Though I do need to get back on a regular sleep schedule, I still have trouble sleeping during the school year in general.  I don’t think the tylenol p.m. is really doing the trick. 

In other news, I have a Sunday off.  I played at the 5:00 Mass yesterday with Josh.  I think it was rather nice to have two clarinets – especially when we played in harmony.  He is back at church this morning as the choir director asked him to play again and said that he would get some money for it.  Today I need to do the peer review on the paper I received.  Once that is done, I need to edit my paper, add another paragraph or two for the final section and then get it submitted by Friday.  Then I’ll be done for the semester.  After that, I need to focus on getting last year’s yearbook done and preparing for the school year.  I still need to have a garage sale as well.  I have giant t.v. to get rid of, one or two couches, and still a bunch of other stuff.  Amazingly, it will be my 3rd or 4th garage sale in this house.  How can I have so much stuff?

I wanted to get to Albuquerque to visit my aunt at some point, but I don’t know when I’ll be able to do that. Maybe labor day weekend would work – though Josh will already be back at school.  Next weekend would have been good, but Josh will be in Orlando for a fraternity thing. 

Not sure what I’m going to do today other than edit the paper.  I do need to do some cleaning, but you know how much I love that!  Why clean if I can put it off until I can’t stand it any more?  I guess I’ll get myself moving a little bit and at least get dressed.  Then we’ll see what happens.

No comments: