Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Weekend

I left school around 12:30 on Thursday and drove to Denton.  Drive was uneventful.  Rain into some rain just before Decatur.  I figure it was because I had washed my car on Wednesday.  I got to the hotel around 6:45, checked in and unloaded my car.  Josh was running late so I watched American Idol until he arrived.  I was very disappointed that James went home.  When Josh got there we went to dinner at Johnny Carino’s.  Josh left early Friday morning and I went to pick up Matthew at the airport around 7:00 a.m.  It took almost an hour to get there in traffic, but it wasn’t horrible.  We went to breakfast after I picked him up.

Graduation was long and rather anticlimactic.  It was interesting, however, that our guest speaker was Dr. Phil.  Yes – that Dr. Phil.  Turns out that he got his PhD from UNT.  That part was relatively interesting.  I had to be in line by 2:00 and then we walked in at 3:00.  There ceremony took 2 1/2 hours.  We didn’t get out of there until around 5:45.  I skipped the reception and we went to dinner at El Chico’s.  I had three margaritas and talked to Matthew about our relationship.  Basically he still isn’t sure about anything but we’ve defined our relationship as “really good friends who go out from time to time.”  So it is a relief to not get worked up about things. 

We still had a nice time while down there.  On Saturday we went to downtown DFW and walked around a bit.  We had a drink at a bar there and then headed back to the hotel.  Saturday evening I took him to the Water Gardens in Fort Worth and then we had dinner at a really nice steak house.  It was expensive, but thankfully Matthew paid.  Then we went to see a play at a local community theatre.  It was really good. 

We drove back today.  Since I did all the driving in Dallas, he volunteered to do the bulk of the driving today.  That was nice.  Josh said that his conference in LA has been awesome.  He heads back tomorrow. 

I cannot believe school will be out in two weeks.  I’m not quite ready, but at the same time I am.  I’m debating filling out some applications for jobs that are far away from home in south Texas. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations for your graduation Annabel!

Patti said...

congrats. :)

why south texas?