Friday, July 13, 2012

Back from Boston

I’m back from Boston and have barely had a chance to recuperate.  My legs were sore from walking.  One shoulder got really sunburned and sore from carrying a heavy computer bag.  It was an interesting trip for several reasons, however. 

First of all, Boston is a very pretty town and the temperature that time of the year is simply wonderful.  It was so pleasant.  During the day the temperature was in the upper 70’s to low 80’s.  People are very fit in Boston.  Everybody seemed to jog or ride a bike.  I think the only overweight people there are tourists. 

Harvard is a very nice campus and sure enough I felt a little bit “smatah” when I was there.  The workshop was good though by the third day I was zoning out a bit.  Probably from lack of sleep. 

We didn’t get to do much on Monday though we did go have some seafood.  I had an issue with my cell phone.  I thought it was charging the night before, but it wasn’t charged when I left so I took the charger with me and I still couldn’t get it to work.  So I had to buy another charger – again. 

Tuesday, however, I had a charged phone so I took pictures of the campus.  My colleague and I went downtown after our workshop was over.  We visited Paul Revere’s house and then walked down to the Old North church.  I bought my traditional shot glass and then we headed over to the Faneuil Hall marketplace and had dinner at Cheers.  While there, I got a facebook message from my college boyfriend that said he was in Boston as well.  He lives in Detroit but was in town for business.  Though he said he had a business dinner to go to, he left early and came downtown to see me.  We had a nice visit and he was just as I remembered him.  If he weren’t married and I wasn’t happily involved with Matt, I would have been in a whole lot of trouble.  Here’s a picture of us at the bar:

IMG_0180 

We got in late that night so Wednesday was a very long day for me.  It was the last day of the session and we had to leave early to catch the hotel shuttle (that ended up passing us without stopping) and then take a taxi to the airport.  Luckily the flights were all on time, but I didn’t get in to San Antonio until about midnight.  Once I got home, I stayed up finishing the last Harry Potter book until about 1:30.  I slept in quite a bit on Thursday and just relaxed. 

There’s more to tell, but this post is already pretty long and I have to get to bed as I’m playing in a Scrabble tournament tomorrow.  But here’s a few more pictures from the trip:

IMG_0173
Paul Revere stature with the Old North Church in the background.

IMG_0141
Standing in front of the John Harvard statue on campus. 

IMG_0147 
This is the building where our workshop was held.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good trip! And very nice pictures!

Jan

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks darker have you colored it ?

Annabel said...

No, I haven't colored my hair. Perhaps it's just the light there. My hair has been the same color (aside from the incoming gray) for about 10 years now. I can't even remember the last time I colored it.