Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Out of shape

Well, after a week, I finally made it to the pool.  Matt and I went at 10 this morning and sure enough, it was empty.  It looks like someone had a party the night before, however.  I guess they didn’t read the sign that said no glass in the pool area.  They left about six empty bottles of Smirnoff floating in the pool.  I found another bottle at the bottom as well.  Matt and I cleaned it up before actually swimming.  I had challenged Matt to a race and I finally found something that I can beat him at.  Of course it wore me out.  I’m glad I finally got to do some laps, but it was exhausting.  I had to rest between laps.  I swam for about 20 minutes before I had enough. But it’s a start.  I have to do something about the weight I’ve gained and I hope that swimming will help in that respect.  I’m also working on my diet some so hopefully, the pounds will start coming off.  I will have to be careful when I go to Boston next week.

This is my first 4th of July in SA.  No big plans other than to go play some scrabble for a few hours.  I really don’t want to do much.  I’d rather just take it easy and stay in.  I’m going to miss the fireworks show in Canyon that I could view from the church parking lot across the street from my house, but I’m happy to be here and have Matt to spend it with.   

1 comment:

Christina said...

Hi...

I've relocated to a new blog. Hope you will come read me again :)

Hugs,

Christina

Formerly of "Happiness" blog