Monday, July 09, 2012

In Boston

American Airlines always seems to make for an interesting travel day.  We were supposed to leave at 7:25 a.m. but the flight was delayed until 10:15 a.m.  That meant that we would miss our connecting flight to Boston.  I got to the airport at 6:00 a.m. and the line was already pretty long.  I stood in line for over two hours before getting to the ticket counter.  In the meantime, I called American and the lady was nice, but not much help.  So we just waited until we could talk to the ticket agent.  We were already confirmed on the flight to Dallas, but the only guaranteed seat we could get to Boston was at 7:45 p.m.  We were put on stand-by for the 1:00 flight and luckily we were able to get on it.  It's a long flight and I made the mistake of drinking some tea before I got on the flight and then had a ginger ale.  I knew I wasn't going to make it for the entire flight and I was sitting by the window.  Luckily the lady sitting on the aisle seat got up to use the bathroom and when she came back, I asked to get out and I stood in line.  I still had to wait another 10 minutes but it was such a relief!  I took Josh's new Kindle with me and I read a good portion of the last Harry Potter book. 

We arrived in Boston around 5:40 and didn't get to the hotel until after 6:00.  That meant I wasn't able to get to church.  It would have been cool to go to a Catholic church up here.  We're staying at a Doubletree and the chocolate chip cookie they gave us when checking in was really yummy.  We headed out to find some dinner around 6:30 and luckily we finally found an open restaurant less than a mile from the hotel.  We don't have a car so we had to walk.  I had a really good Angus cheeseburger with grilled onions.  After dinner, we stopped at a Rite Aid where we got some breakfast items. 

I took a sleeping pill last night and actually slept pretty well.  I was up much earlier than I anticipated.  Since I had extra time, I decided to do this quick blog post since I haven't been a very good blogger lately.  I'm missing Windows live writer.  I'm using a school laptop rather than my personal one. 

We will head downstairs shortly and take a shuttle over to Harvard Square and then we will walk across campus to our workshop.  When I say "we" I'm referring to myself and a colleague from my school. 

Well, I guess I better gear up to go.  I hope I learn something today and get "smot". 

No comments: