Thursday, July 26, 2012

Hurry up and wait

So which one did I choose? 

I put an offer on house 1 – the biggest and closest.  So now it is just waiting to hear whether my offer is accepted, rejected, or countered.  I decided on that house because it’s close to where I live now and I like this community.  It’s quiet and outside the city.  It’s close to major highways.  My commute stays the same at about 7 minutes.  The house is really large at 2380 square feet.  There are no neighbors directly behind the house.  There is tons of inside storage and assuming that Matt decides to give up bachelorhood one of these days, we can cohabitate there without killing each other.  The only downside is the fact that all bedrooms are upstairs, but I guess I can deal with that.  Both Josh and Matt prefer two story houses.  It was also listed under my max budget and I put in an offer of $10,000 below the asking price.  So I guess we’ll see if my offer gets a bite.  I’m not going to start packing until I get an accepted offer though.  Since I wouldn’t be able to close until September anyway, I figure that I have time. 

1 comment:

Rebecca Kintz said...

Oh cool! I hope you get good news about the house soon then!