Friday, July 06, 2012

One step forward, two steps back

Good news: I went swimming again today.  I finally got up in time to get to the pool before other people got there.  Other good news, I only had a salad for lunch.  Bad news: Matt and I went to California Pizza Kitchen for dinner and I had spaghetti and a slice of his pizza.  Oh well.  Maybe I’m making a little progress.  I’m still out of shape, but this time I did more actual laps because I was alone and I timed myself.  I still had to rest between laps, but I swam for about 10 minutes.  I’ll go back tomorrow and try to add a few minutes and just do a little more each time.  It’s difficult being out of shape and all.

In other news, I bought a pair of reading glasses.  I don’t really need them except when I’m wearing my contacts and want to read.  I can see up close just fine without any glasses/contacts, but when I have lenses correcting my poor distance vision, I can’t see up close.  It’s making me feel really old. 

I leave for Boston on Sunday.  Tomorrow I will have to do laundry and get packed.  I just got a message from some of my friends from Amarillo that are in Austin for the capital conference so I think we’re going to meet them in Austin for dinner tomorrow night.  That should be fun.  I just have to figure out when I can go to church.  Matt and I planned to go Saturday evening.  I guess I’ll have to find a place in Boston.

No comments: