Thursday, September 13, 2012

Is tomorrow already Friday?

Where does the time go?  I’m back at the fast and furious pace with both work and play.  I stay busy all day long at work – but thankfully my day is about 1/2 and hour shorter now.  Evenings the rest of the week are busy.  Mondays I have orchestra.  Tuesdays I have band.  Starting next Wednesday I will be bowling.  Scrabble practice is on Thursday.  I have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off, but usually Matt I are doing something.  I haven’t been packing in a while, but it turns out I may not need to rush. 

My agent contacted me today saying that the air conditioner still had not been fixed and that the seller (Fannie Mae) wanted to extend the closing date to as late as the 28th.  I told her no way.  Closing on a Friday at the end of the month would mean that I probably wouldn’t get keys to the house until October 1st or 2nd.  I have to be out of my rental house by the 30th.  I told my agent that unless they wanted to pay me $1200 for another month’s rent or pay to put all my stuff in storage, that the 28th was not an option.  She reiterated that to the seller.  I conceded by extending the date to the 24th, however.  So I probably won’t be closing on Monday or Tuesday next week as planned.  I probably won’t be moving next weekend either.  It does put a cramp in my plans, but as long as I can get moved before the 30th, I’ll be ok.  I’ll have to do a lot of cleaning here at the house before I move so that I won’t have to do as much the weekend I move. 

That does make my extremely busy week next week a little better, so I guess it’s not all bad.  I have to put in a $5000 order by next Thursday.  I also have to prepare for a presentation that I’m doing at a workshop next Friday.  I also have classes coming to the library on Friday and Monday.  My library is finally looking like a library, but I still have lots of things to deal with. 

We’re finally getting some rain here.  It doesn’t seem to be raining as much as it is in town, but it’s better than nothing I guess.  I’m exhausted from today so I’m going to head to bed and hope I get a decent night’s sleep.  I think I need to put in earplugs tonight and ignore the animals if I can.

No comments: