Thursday, September 27, 2012

Much to do

So I eventually went back to bed after my allergy attack.  The benadryl started working around 5:00 a.m.  I briefly woke at 7:00 but went back to sleep until around 9:00.  After I got dressed, I went to Lowes to see about my door estimate.  It cost me over $600 for the door, pet door, and installation.  But I think it will be worth it in the end.  Problem is that it may not get installed until Monday so I’ll have to isolate the dogs in the kitchen over the weekend.  While I was at Lowes dealing with the door, the Lowes delivery guys called because they wanted to deliver my refrigerator.  I told them I’d be about 20 minutes.  They said that was fine.  I headed back to the house and they were waiting.  The refrigerator is in and seems to be working fine.  After that, I headed to Lowes to get some paint, but the guy was really busy so I just bought some supplies and decided to come back later.  I then had to head back to the house because the sprinkler guy was going to come out and look at my system.  He got the leaking valve to stop temporarily and he’ll come back out and take a look at the system on a later date.  Then I waited for the pest control guy to come out.  He came and sprayed the house and yard so it should be bug free.  After that, I went to get more curtains but couldn’t make up my mind.  I was hungry by then so I went to Whataburger for a burger.  I then went to Home Depot to get my paint.  While there, I got a text for a house showing for my rental house.  So I rushed back to get stuff to take to the new house and then took Mollie and Max with me for about an hour.  I was called by the agency stating that the showing had been cancelled.  I headed back home and was gathering my painting clothes when I heard a car door slam.  Turns out the people wanting to see the house was just late and the agent wouldn’t wait for them.  I told them they could see the house if they didn’t mine my animals being inside.  They seemed to like the house but I don’t know if they’ll rent it or not.  I told them that I liked the area and it was a really good house.  After they left, I headed back to the house in the rain.  We got a nice rain storm briefly.  I started painting the living room and it took about 3 1/2 hours.  I need to do some touch-ups, but I really like how it turned out.  I chose a mushroom color that gives it more pop than the plain beige.  Tomorrow Matt is taking the day off so that he can help me.  I got paint for the garage but not sure if that is a priority or not.  I need to get some new curtain rods and get them hung so that we can have some privacy in the house since I don’t have blinds yet. 

Tomorrow is moving day.  One of the teachers from the school is bringing his truck and trailer and we’ll hopefully get the big stuff moved if it doesn’t rain.  Of course we have rain in the forecast for the whole weekend.  It’s going to be a long and busy weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! It's going to be great!