Friday, January 03, 2014

Festival of Sleep Day

It’s a coincidence that I discovered that today is the Festival of Sleep day and I ended up staying in bed until almost noon.  I went to bed around midnight last night but couldn’t really fall asleep.  I took a sleeping pill and it left me groggy all morning.  I forced myself to get out of bed before noon, but I probably could have stayed in bed longer.  I heated up my leftover burrito from Chipotle.  I was smart yesterday by not asking for lettuce as I can’t stand wilted lettuce on leftovers.  I watched a few episodes of “Say Yes to the Dress” before I talked myself into getting dressed to go out.  I decided that I needed new walking shoes since I’m actually making the effort to do more walking.  I went to the Sketchers store and got two new pairs of shoes that were really comfortable.  After that I went to the mall and looked for some comfortable workout clothes but left without buying anything.  Trying the clothes on was just depressing.  It’s a catch-22 conundrum needing something to wear to help you lose weight, but not finding anything that fits since you’re overweight. 

After the mall I headed to Petco to get Mollie a new walking harness.  She about choked herself yesterday with her collar while walking.  The harness worked much better.  I downloaded an app on my phone to track how far I walk and it turns out that a complete circuit around my neighborhood is exactly a mile.  So I’ve walked two days in a row.  Still too early to celebrate. 

Matt came home feeling morose from work.  They had a meeting about their department today and he ended up talking to one of the main library managers about how he was feeling.  She encouraged him to stay on, but he’s still fed up with everything.  We’re going to work on his resume this weekend.  We went out to eat at a place called Beto’s tonight.  Food was decent.  I was pretty good in that I did bring home leftovers, but of course overindulged with the chips and queso.  The margarita I had was pretty tasty as well.  I’m not counting calories or anything right now.  I’m still working on the body signals of when I’m full.  I should have held back some, but I didn’t do too bad. 

Tomorrow I’m going to go up to Kohl’s in search of yoga pants.  I have a $10 card and a $5 credit to spend along with another $20 gift card.  I also have $25 from a lottery ticket that Matt gave me for Christmas.  I also need to have my car inspected.  My sticker expired in November.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you have a store called Soma in your town? I think it's attached to Chico's. I have found really comfortable lounge clothing there. I use yoga pants for lounging, not yoga! Soma's things are so soft and comfortable that they make exercise a bit more fun.